Sunday, December 27, 2009

Life's Meaning

What are the things that give our lives meaning? Recently I have been thinking a lot about it. I have long nights to think about it half of the time now. Life is difficult. But, in a way it has given my life more meaning because things have become more difficult. I don't have the time I want to do the things I want, but I have had to learn to live and enjoy doing even the things that I don't want to do. That's what life is after all much of the time isn't it?

I enjoy writing about as much as I do anything. I haven't done it anywhere near the time that I want to do it. Somehow, I feel a little afraid to do it. I feel a little guilty because it feels as though I am doing nothing worthwhile. I need to be making money! I need to be doing something, always doing something. I think I am the type of person who will be trying to get up off of his deathbed because there is something that I meant to do which hasn't gotten done yet.

I guess we never finish, do we? You just run the race and life decides where the race ends not us. I don't see the finish line yet, so I am going to keep on running. I hope everyone else does too.

Until next time.

No comments: